Dist. of Columbia Resources

  • Life Legal Defense Foundation

    707.224.6675ContactLife Legal Defense FoundationP.O. Box 2105Napa, CA 94558

    Cases Represented by Life Legal Defense Foundation

    The following cases are examples of the excellent work that Life Legal Defense Foundation is doing in the area stopping hospital euthanasia. Unfortunately most families are not aware that they have rights to protect their loved ones from involuntary euthanasia. This does not mean that hospitals will easily desist in their effort to carry out the euthanasia. That is why we are providing further information on this website to help families understand their rights. You probably will need a lawyer to get your loved one moved to a medical facility that will agree to your treatment requests or to their home if that is medically possible.

    Involuntary euthanasia is considered murder in every state and province in North America. Yet Life Legal Foundation receives calls every week asking for help in cases where people are being starved, dehydrated or denied life-saving care simply because someone decided their life is no longer worth living or spending resources on someone whose life is no longer worth living. Life Legal has attorneys in every state to which they can refer potential cases. Life Legal does not charge for their services but this means that cases are taken on a priority bases. It would be best to first to contact a lawyer in your state or province directly that would be willing to defend yourself or a loved one. It is preferable that you have a power of attorney for health care or an advanced directive with someone you trust as your or your loved one's power of attorney (agent) who will follow your treatment requirements and be willing to oppose the hospital in a case were the hospital refuses to follow your wishes or you if you are the power of attorney (agent) for your loved. This will make it easier for your attorney to defend your requests with a court judge. But if you can not find a lawyer you can call Life Legal (contact information is below) for a referral to a lawyer or you ask them to help you directly. read more