Email us at [email protected] with your questions and individual concerns. All submissions will be read, responded to, and considered for publication on Stop Hospital Euthanasia website.
Would you be willing to write your loved one’s story?
Please read before submitting your personal story:
Stay as objective as possible - stick to the facts. What happened, medically? Who was involved? Where and when? Were you told why the “medical procedures” were or were not implemented?
- first name (no last names) of your loved one/the victim
- the city and/or state/province in which this happened
- the year in which this happened
- the physical and/or mental circumstances of the victim before the incident for which the victim was hospitalized
- what was the immediate cause of hospitalization?
- what was the first response of medical personnel?
- what, if any, treatment was given to the victim?
- were you told by a doctor what his/her diagnosis was, treatment plan and predicted outcome were?
- was the person put on intravenous morphine?
- if no treatment, did a doctor explain why not?
- was the victim or person with Power of Attorney (POA) given choices about the medical condition, prognosis, treatment?
- was there any disagreement with the doctor re treatment?
- whose opinion prevailed?
- did any medical personnel discuss “futility”, the decision to provide no treatment, assisted suicide, euthanasia, “comfort care”, withholding of food and water, or refusing to implement IV and/or feeding tube?
- how long did the patient live after being admitted to hospital?
- did you get a copy of the hospital report? (must be POA)
- was POA told by medical personnel that he/she could not move the patient (victim) from the facility to another facility or could not take the patient home?
- what was listed as the cause of death?
Do NOT include:
- victim’s last name
- name of institution
- name of doctor(s), nurse(s), other staff or administrator(s)
- name of community (if a small town or similar) where the victim’s, doctor’s or hospital’s identity would be obvious
- no ad hominem remarks
IMPORTANT - Please read the following BEFORE submitting your story:
We reserve the right not to publish any submission we deem unsuitable for our website. If we publish your submission, it may be edited for brevity, clarity, or legal reasons. We allow all works (including excerpts) published on this website to be used, published, or reprinted for educational, non-profit purposes provided there are absolutely no changes made, and the author is credited. You, the author, will hold copyright; however, please click on the link below and read the following:
Upon publication on our website, your work will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License